- Examination and treatment (medical and surgical) of ankle and foot pathology.
Appropriate patients for referral:
- Foot / ankle deformities
- Bunions *
- Ingrown toe nails
- Plantar fasciitis (does not need xray)
- Ganglion cyst
- Foot / ankle pain (need xray)
- Ulcerations of the foot in diabetes / neuropathies (no work up needed)
Please do NOT refer the following patients:
- Referrals for routine foot care including diabetic foot checks
- Referrals for toenail debridement and/or onychomycosis**
- Referrals for orthotics (we cannot get these for patients)
- Pediatric patients age < 18
Documentation required for scheduling an appointment:
- Completed Referral form
- Past Medical History (PMH)
- Current medication list
- Most recent progress note describing condition for which patient is being referred.
*Pre-examination x-rays – usually a standing AP and lateral of the affected foot (feet) is required. X-rays need to be sent to the clinic with the patient
**refer to Derm
Xrays must be less than 1 year old
Revised May 2015
Have questions or comments about the specialty referral guidelines? Submit them here.